Chocolate Shake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide to Role-Playing

Go down

Guide to Role-Playing Empty Guide to Role-Playing

Post by SilverPack Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Guide to Roleplaying

Hi Everyone! Iv recived a few pms from people asking for some tips on roleplaying. Iv also noticed new roleplayers will create roleplays and most if not all fail to take off. Why? Because their lacking some important infomation on it. So I've decided to make a full guide that explains the ins and outs of roleplaying. Well as full as i can make it.

First things first, There is NO right way to roleplay.

The Basics
Point of View
There are two point of views you can use when roleplaying.

Third Person
Third person is the most common and easiest way to roleplay. In third person you describe you character as if you were watching them. You use he/she,her, they ect. you would never use I, me or my unless your character is talking or thinking.

EX of third person:
Coming soon!

First Person
First person is a little tricky to use. In first person you describe your character like you were him/her. You use I & me. Never use she, her, they,ect. unless your character is talking or thinking.

EX of First Person:
Coming Soon!

Talking and Thinking
There are a few ways for you to roleplay your character Talking and thinking, to where everyone will understand easily.

1. Use "" Around your characters words and thoughts and include s/he said or s/he thought if your useing third person. Use I thought or I said if your useing first person.

EX:
"Sure, I'd love to hang out" She said. "I can't wait" she thought happily.
"Sure, I'd love to hang out" I said. "I can't wait" I thought happily.

2. Bold speech and italicize thoughts

EX:
Sure I'd love to hang out She said. I can't wait
she thought happily.
Sure I'd love to hang out I said I can't wait I thought happily.

3. Put "" Around speech and italicize thoughts

EX:
"Sure I'd love to hang out" she said I can't wait she thought happily.
"Sure I'd love to hang out" I said I can't wait I thought happily.

Roleplaying etiquette
These are a few VERY important things you need to know.
1. Be Polite
This means dont say anything you wouldn't want said to you.
2. Read the rules thoroughly
Both the general roleplaying rules and the rules the thread creater has.
3. Do not powerplay
More in the FAQ
4. If you need or want to leave the roleplay your in. PM the Thread creater then post on the thread why you had to leave.
5. When asking for a recap include what you last remember. Don't ask for a recap if its only been five or less pages since you last posted. Its annoying to everyone and they most likely wont resond.
6. If someone asks for a recap and you post after them you should give them one. If you dont know whats going on tell them you dont have a clue whats going on.

All in all use common sense and you shouldn't have a problem making some good RP buddies.
SilverPack
SilverPack

Back to top Go down

Guide to Role-Playing Empty Re: Guide to Role-Playing

Post by SilverPack Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Characters

This is the fun part of the guide. Character creation is a fun process ,but can be hard at times.
What To Include
· Good Traits - The personality of you character needs at least one good trait Friendly, Sweet ect.
· Bad Traits - The personaity of your character needs one bad trait. Easily angry, snappy ect. Giving your character bad traits and good traits eliminates the problem of perfect characters.

· A history short and brief or long and detailed either works. If your character has a history you have something to base them off of instead of winging it and haveing contradicting facts that creates confusion at times.

· Detailed discription of appearance or a picture.

What Not to Include
· A sob story thats over dramatic. Nobody wants to read that.

· Something like "everybody hates me and i dont know why. Im awsome, amazing, super cool..." Thats super annoying and you wont be accepted into any rp.

Filling out a Form
· Make sure you fill it out compleatly
· Include anything that seems important to you
· Meet me's and Find out's are frustrating for the Thread Creater so avoid them at all costs
· If you are on a kindle or ipod or something other then a computer let the thread creater know at the bottom of the form

SilverPack
SilverPack

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverPack Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Createing A Roleplay

There are Three things you need to start a roleplay,one that people will join. There are other factors that play into it and I'll try to cover them all.

The Three
1. This IS the most important thing you need to start a roleplay. The Form. With out the form nobody can join. Forms can be very vey simple to very complex.
A very simple form can include just the characters name and age. Most simple forms look similar to this:
Name:
Personality:
History:
Crush:
Mate:
Other:

See simple to do and easy to fill out. Now complex forms are differnt. They have more things for you to fill in with specific instructions on what to do. most of the time.

2.Rules/Guide lines are the second most important thing to have. They keep things in order as long as you enforce them. It helps to restate some of the cs rules.

Some common rules:
You cant be your own mate or crush
Fade to black when necessary
No cursing / star it out/ Keep it to a min
All CS rules apply

3. A Plot. A plot is what starts your roleplay off. Every roleplay has a plot ,Some very vague other very elaborate.

Other things
Here are a few other things you could add to the rp
· Pictures of the places and scenery
· Ranks
· A way to keep track of players and characters
· Other infomation That is useful

SilverPack
SilverPack

Back to top Go down

Post by SilverPack Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:21 pm

F.A.Q.

Q. What is powerplaying?
A. Controlling Or killing another players character without their permission.

Q. How do I make the code around the form?
A. Well its quite simple. When you post a reply look at the codeing buttons click the one that says Code. Now type in or paste the form inbetween .
Code:
< here and  here >

Advice from the Experienced

If an experienced roleplayer wants to give a few words of advice to the new ones message me and ill put it here.

~ Become your character when you roleplay him. Feel his emotions and actions as if it were yourself. ~ -SilverPack
SilverPack
SilverPack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down